Frequently Asked Questions
- How I can register as a specialist in the GDC of UK?
- Will I be allowed to practice dentistry in England after earning Masters?
- How this program is hosted in Egypt ?
- What is the difference between Master philosophy (Mphil),Master clinical (Mclindent),Full Masters,DOCTORAL degree and PHD?
- What is the employment benefits of earning a masters from University of Dundee?
- Is it a scientific degree or just a course called Masters?
- Is the certificate accredited by both ASCDE and University of Dundee ?
- Will I earn the same certificate granted in England?
- Will it be mentioned that I earned the certificate in Egypt ?
Clinical speciality certificates in UK depends on earning the certificate of appropriate specaility from the royal colleges, in that case, passing the MRD Exam is how you register as a specialist of restorative dentistry in UK (keeping in mind that ORE is needed for practice)
Earning masters or even PHD degrees doesn't give you dental practicing license , you can only earn it after passing ORE exam .
Learn more: http://www.gdc-uk.org/dentalprofessionals/ore/Pages/default.aspx
Transitional learning has existed in Asia and Gulf countries more than 10 years ago .
For example, Dubai has more than 50 branches of Foreign universities covering all areas of education like Harvard and Boston universities branches.
But in Egypt , this type of learning didn't exist until a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between ASCDE and University of Dundee.
What is the difference between Master philosophy (Mphil),Master clinical (Mclindent),Full Masters,DOCTORAL degree and PHD?
Mphil is a one or two year program which doesn't fulfil the requirements for Mortho exam . It consists of Thesis only and doesn't have any practical content , For example University of Manchester
Mclindent is a full time 2 years program which doesn't fulfil the requirements for Mortho exam , For example Sheffield University
Full Masters is a part time 3 years program which fulfils the requirements for Mortho exam . It has theoritical section, practical section and a thesis. For example New castle university and Dundee Msc in Egypt
DOCTORAL degree is a full time 3 year program which consists of both clinical and theoritical sections and thesis which fulfils requirements for Mortho exam . For example Liverpool University
PHD is either a part time or full time program which consists of theoritical section only . For Example University of Manchester
If you earn Masters degree, you can apply to any teaching position in any faculty of dentistry , do research and pursue your academic studies but you won't be able to treat patients or sign a job contract with NHS as an restorative specialist without passing the MRD exam.
It is a scientific degree which afterwards you can pursue your PHD in England.
No, Your certificate will be accredited by University of Dundee only; ASCDE only role is to host the scientific degree in Egypt .
Yes! You will earn the exact certificate at the graduation cermony of Dundee in Scottland.
No, It won't.